Sunday March 17, 2019, St. Patrick's Day
US date format: 3/17/2019, UK date format: 17/3/2019
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 17, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The Village, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Silent Night by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What We Do in the Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 17, 2019?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- See more
- 2019 Jayapura flood and landslide: At least 73 people have been killed in flash floods in the province of Papua, Indonesia. (BBC)
- At least 73 people have been killed in flash floods in the province of Papua, Indonesia. (BBC)
- President of Mozambique Filipe Nyusi suggests the death toll of Cyclone Idai could reach over one thousand. The current official toll stands at 84. (BBC)
- 2020 United States presidential election, 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries: Kirsten Gillibrand 2020 presidential campaign: U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York formally announces she is officially running for the Democratic Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2020 election. (The New York Times)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Apple’s Big Spending Plan to Challenge Netflix Takes Shape The tech company, about to have a showcase event on its campus, is expected to reveal details about a dozen or more programs ready to go or almost done. [..]
- Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank, Germany’s 2 Biggest Lenders, Hold Merger Talks The negotiations are aimed at creating a national champion to take on Wall Street giants, but it is unclear whether a deal would solve either companies’ problems. [..]
- See all financial news of March 17, 2019