Sunday 17 May 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Taj Mahal (musician) and Christian Blanc.
This Gun for Hire, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1942!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 May 1942 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Taj Mahal (musician)
- Christian Blanc: French politician, who served as a member of the Saint-Simon Foundation think-tank.
- Bill Blair: American football player for UMI.
- Philippe Gondet: French football striker, who played for France (1965-1970), particularly during FIFA World Cup 1966 in England.
- Taj Mahal: American musician, singer, guitarist and blues legend, a performer all over the world since the late '60s, touring some 200 days a year.
- Al White: Choreographer (NBC Comedy Hour).
- Caroline Charles: Fashion designer.
- Taj Mahal in New York City: New York, USA; singer/songwriter ("The Real Thing").
- Dutch SS vows loyalty to Adolf Hitler.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?