Sunday 17 May 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Taj Mahal (musician) and Christian Blanc.
Yankee Doodle Dandy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1942 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Taj Mahal (musician)
- Christian Blanc: French politician, who served as a member of the Saint-Simon Foundation think-tank.
- Bill Blair: American football player for UMI.
- Taj Mahal: American musician, singer, guitarist and blues legend, a performer all over the world since the late '60s, touring some 200 days a year.
- Caroline Charles: Fashion designer.
- Al White: Choreographer (NBC Comedy Hour).
- Taj Mahal in New York City: New York, USA; singer/songwriter ("The Real Thing").
- Philippe Gondet: French football striker, who played for France (1965-1970), particularly during FIFA World Cup 1966 in England.
- Dutch SS vows loyalty to Adolf Hitler.