Sunday 26 January 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Noel Harrison and Théo Sarapo.
Rose-Marie, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1936 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Noel Harrison: London, England -- Singer / actor (Mark-Girl from UNCLE).
- Théo Sarapo: French actor-singer of Greek heritage, and the second husband of the French singer Édith Piaf.
- Sal Buscema: American comic book artist.
- Theophanis Lamboukas: Greek-French actor and singer (d. 1970).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?