Friday 27 October 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while State of Denial by Bob Woodward was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching We Need Girlfriends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ARMA: Armed Assault or College Hoops 2K7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 27 October 2006 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 October
- Brad Will: American anarchist and journalist (Born 1970).
- Jozsef Gregor: Hungarian opera singer (Born 1940).
- Reko Lundan: Finnish writer (Born 1969).
- Marlin McKeever: American football player (Born 1940).
- Joe Niekro: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played for the Chicago Cubs (1967–1969), San Diego Padres (1969), Detroit Tigers (1970–1972), Atlanta Braves (1973–1974), Houston Astros (1975–1985), New York Yankees (1985–1987), and the Minnesota Twins (1987–1988), with whom he won a World Series championship.
- Last Ford Taurus rolls off Atlanta assembly line.
- At the Busch Stadium, the Saint Louis Cardinals beat the heavily favored Detroit Tigers, 4-2, in Game 5 of the Fall Classic to win the 2006 World Series of baseball. The Cardinals, who lost ten of their last 14 regular season games, won less games than any World Series champion in baseball history.
- Australia's senior Muslim cleric Sheikh Taj El-Din Hilaly is barred from preaching for three months after his controversial speech comparing women who did not wear the hijab to ampquotuncovered meatampquot. (BBC)
- A judge orders the arrest of former President of Chile Augusto Pinochet for torture, murder and kidnapping (Villa Grimaldi case) in the early years of his regime, from 1973 to 1990. (ABC News Australia)
- Washington D.C.-area sniper Lee Boyd Malvo admitted that he and partner John Allen Muhammad were responsible for the 2002 murder of a 60-year-old man on a Tucson golf course, police claim. (AP via KPHO)
- The Iranian Students' News Agency reports that Iran has injected gas into a second network of centrifuges and has obtained the output, a possible step in developing nuclear materials. (CNN)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of the U.S. state of California, declares a state of emergency, and a reward of USD $500,000 is offered for the capture of the arsonist responsible for the wildfires started in the Twin Pines area of the state. (CNN)
- Shares in the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China go on sale at the Shanghai Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in the world's biggest Initial Public Offering (IPO). (CNN)
- Johannesburg International Airport is renamed to OR Tambo International Airport. (News24)
- A controlled explosion is carried out by an Army Bomb Disposal squad on Dublin's O'Connell Street after a security alert on an Aircoach bus, although no explosive material was found. Traffic in the city has been severely affected. (RTÉ)
- The Ford Taurus rolls off the assembly line for the last time. The Ford plant in Atlanta, USA, closes and 2,000 employees are all laid off. MSNBC
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 October 2006
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Mouscron : 5 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Mainz - Werder Bremen : 1 - 6
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Munich 1860 : 3 - 0
- Braunschweig - Greuther Furth : 0 - 2
- CZ Jena - Koblenz : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Guingamp : 0 - 0
- Brest - Niort : 1 - 0
- Caen - Ajaccio : 4 - 0
- Dijon - Chateauroux : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?