Saturday 17 November 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brent Carver and Dino Martin.
Superman and the Mole-Men, directed by Lee Sholem, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Mr.Smith by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dagmar's Canteen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 November 1951 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brent Carver: Canadian actor, winner of the Canadian Film Award 1978 for Best Actor.
- Dino Martin: American actor, musician and tennis pro, noted family as the first son of Dean Martin and his second wife, Jeanne Biegger.
- Dominique Meens
- Butch Davis: American football player and coach.
- Werner Hoyer: German economist and politician.
- Dean Martin: American singer actor and tennis player (Dino Desi & Billy) (d. 1987).
- Stephen Root: American actor.
- Dean Paul Martin in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Billy - Misfits of Science).
- Jack Vettriano: Controversial self-taught Scottish painter seen as the poster boy for popular art, but frowned upon but the artistic establishment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?