Monday 17 October 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gundaris Pone and William J Hughes.
Red Dust, directed by Clark Gable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1932 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Gundaris Pone: Composer.
- William J Hughes: (Rep-D-New Jersey, 1975- ).
- Paul Anderson: American weight lifter known as "the world's strongest man.
- William Rauscher: American ecclesiastic, the Reverend Canon Rauscher, an Episcopal Rector in the Diocese of New Jersey and head of the Spiritual Frontier Fellowship.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?