Tuesday 25 October 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Jansky and Lev Nikolayevich Smirenny.
Boudu Saved from Drowning, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Sheltered Life by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 October 1932 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Bob Jansky: American astrologer and author, formerly a biochemical and bacteriological researcher.
- Lev Nikolayevich Smirenny: Cosmonaut.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts Company consultant
- Mussolini promises to remain Dictator for 30 years
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?