Wednesday 12 October 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dusan Makavejev and Jake Edwin Garn.
One Way Passage, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1932 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Dusan Makavejev: Belgrade, Yugoslavia -- Director (Man is Not a Bird).
- Jake Edwin Garn: (Sen-R-Utah, 1974- ) / Astronaut (STS 51D).
- Mayer Joel Mandelbaum: Composer.
- Jake Garn: American Republican Senator from Utah and America's first VIP in space as a guest astronaut aboard a space shuttle.
- Sylvie Gomez: French sportswoman.
- Dick Gregory: American entertainer, comedian and political activist. In protest of the Vietnam conflict, he fasted from Thanksgiving 1967 to New Years Day 1968. He visited 57 cities, giving 63 lectures as he steadily lost 50 lbs, dropping to 98 lbs. Gregory is also a noted nutritionist.
- Francine G0Mez: Boulogne-Billt EXecutives
- Ned Jarrett: Auto racer / announcer (50 Grand National victories)
- John Moffat: Danish physicist and academic
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?