Saturday 1 October 1932
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Collins and Jerry Dempsey.
A Bill of Divorcement, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 1 October 1932 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Albert Collins: American electric blues guitarist and singer with a distinctive guitar style.
- Jerry Dempsey: American merchandising marketer and CEO of Chemical Waste Management.
- Oswald Mosley forms British Union of Fascists
- World Series moves to Chicago, In 5th inning, Babe Ruth waits until he has 2 strikes, points and hits next pitch into center field bleachers
- NHL readmits Ottawa and drops Pittsburgh.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?