Friday 18 June 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gail Godwin and John D [Jay] Rockefeller IV.
Wee Willie Winkie, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1937 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Gail Godwin: United States -- Author (Perfectionists, Odd Woman).
- John D [Jay] Rockefeller IV: (Sen-D-West Virginia, 1985- ).
- Varbara Ann Teer: US actress / director (National Black Theatre Company).
- Vitaly Mikhailovich Zholobov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 21).
- John D Rockefeller IV: American politician.
- Del Harris: American basketball coach, the present NBA coach for the Los Angeles Lakers, 1998, losing the head coaching position in the 1999 season after the retirement of Michael Jordan. He was previously head coach for the Houston Rockets and Milwaukee Bucks.
- Xavier Le Pichon: French geophysicist, known for his comprehensive model of plate tectonics (1968).
- Jay Rockefeller: American noted family and politician, a Democrat, he served in the US Senate from West Virginia beginning in 1985.
- Wray Carlton: American football player
- Bruce Trigger: Canadian archaeologist anthropologist and historian (d. 2006)
- Vitaly Zholobov: Ukrainian colonel engineer and astronaut
- Gaston Doumergue: Premier / President of France (1913.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?