Tuesday June 01, 1937
US date format: 6/1/1937, UK date format: 1/6/1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 1, 1937). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Morgan Freeman and Henri Tisot.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching 1937 Coronation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 01, 1937?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- See more
- Prince Konoye becomes Japanese Premier
- Chicago White Sox pitcher Bill Dietrich no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 8-0.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial