Saturday 19 June 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Glucksmann and André Glücksmann.
Wee Willie Winkie, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 June 1937 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- André Glucksmann: French philosopher and author (d. 2015).
- André Glücksmann: French philosopher, activist, and writer, son of Ashkenazi Jewish parents from Austria-Hungary.
- Emile Viollat: French ski champion.
- Franco-troops conquer Bilbao Basques
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?