Wednesday 18 June 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Conflict: Denied Ops or Beatmania IIDX 16: Empress.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 June 2008 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 June
- Brazil celebrates the 100th year of the Japanese Immigration. (Folha Online)
- Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed survives an assassination attempt. (BBC News)
- The Parliament of the United Kingdom ratifies the Treaty of Lisbon. (Bloomberg)
- The United States and China agree to negotiate an investment treaty and to cooperate more closely on energy security and global pollution. (AP via Google News)
- The European Parliament passes legislation to allow undocumented aliens to be held in detention centres for up to 18 months and banned from European Union territory for five years. ''(The New York Times)''
- Mexico reaches an agreement with industry groups to fix the prices of 150 food items as a result of accelerating inflation. (Bloomberg)
- Sudan and former southern rebels start deploying joint forces in the troubled Abyei region as part of an agreement. (AP via Forbes)
- American golfer Tiger Woods will miss the rest of the golf season to have additional surgery on his left knee. (MarketWatch)
- Afghan and Canadian forces begin an offensive against the Taliban in the Arghandab District of Kandahar. (Press Association via Google News)
- Israel suggests peace talks with Lebanon to end the 60-year Israeli-Lebanese conflict. (''The Guardian'')
- Sweden votes in favour of the FRA law, allowing all e-mails and phone calls to be monitored. (''The Local'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?