Wednesday 25 June 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz! Junior: Ace Racers or Coffeetime Crosswords.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 June 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 June
- Lyall Watson: South African anthropologist and writer (Born 1939).
- EU's representative in Kosovo Pieter Feith says he expects Montenegro will recognize Kosovo's unilateral independence ampquotas soon as possibleampquot, as it would ampquotcontribute to regional stabilityampquot. (B92)
- Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe is stripped of his honourary Order of the Bath knighthood, upon the advice of the UK Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs. (''The Guardian'')
- United States Supreme Court
- The US Supreme Court rules in ''Exxon Shipping Co. v. Baker'' that the damages awarded in the Exxon Valdez case were excessive and reduces them from $2.7 billion to $507 million. (AFP via Google News)
- Violent protests over the Amarnath shrine immobilize Srinagar and other parts of Indian Jammu and Kashmir. (BBC News)
- A worker at a plastics plant in Henderson, Kentucky shoots and kills five people and wounds another before killing himself. (WYMT-TV)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 June 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?