Saturday 28 June 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BrainPipe or Race Driver: Grid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 June 2008 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 June
- The state government of India's Jammu and Kashmir has rebuked the decision to transfer forested land to Amarnath shrine following wide protests across the state. (BBC News)
- The Los Angeles Dodgers become only the fifth team in modern major league baseball history to win a game in which they didn't get a hit, defeating the Anaheim Angels 1-0. (AP via Yahoo! Sports)
- Thousands of people riot in Guizhou province in southern China following the death of a girl and a perceived government coverup. (Reuters)
- Thousands of people rally in Paris in support of the European Union removing the People's Mujahedin of Iran from its list of terrorist organisations. (VOA)
- Médecins Sans Frontières claims that South Africa has expelled 450 Zimbabwean refugees. (AP via Google News)
- Wendy Alexander resigns as the leader of the Scottish Labour Party following a ruling from the Scottish Parliament's ethics committee over political donations. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Pakistan commences a military operation against Taliban militants in the Khyber Agency near Peshawar. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?