Friday 13 June 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Get Smart, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Careless In Red by Elizabeth George was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art Style: AQUIA or AssaultCube.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 June 2008 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 June
- The Chamber of Deputies of Haiti rejects Robert Manuel, who was the second nominee for the post of prime minister after Jacques-Édouard Alexis resigned in April 2008. (AP via Google News)
- A Zimbabwe judge orders the police to bring Tendai Biti, the arrested Secretary-General of the Movement for Democratic Change to court on Saturday. (''Zimbabwe Guardian'' via All Africa)
- Kim Jong-hoon, the South Korean Minister for Trade, heads to the United States to push for additional safeguards against mad cow disease in talks with Susan Schwab, the United States Trade Representative as protests continue in South Korea over the decision to resume importing beef from the United States. (VOA)
- June 2008 Midwest United States floods:
- The Governor of Iowa Chet Culver declares that 83 of the 99 counties in Iowa are disaster areas as flooding leads to evacuations in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. (AP via Forbes)
- The upper Mississippi River is closed to shipping as three people die in Indiana and three in Iowa. (Reuters)
- A hydrogen sulfide leak at a fertiliser plant in Kunming, capital of Yunnan Province in China, kills six people and injures 28. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- At least 40 people are injured on Sagar Island in the Ganges delta in clashes between supporters of the Hindu nationalist Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and local Muslim villagers. (BBC News)
- Finance ministers from the Group of Eight meet in Osaka, Japan with rising food and oil prices high on the Agenda. (AFP)
- The People's Republic of China and Taiwan agree to regular civil aviation flights across the Taiwan Strait for the first time since 1949 with flights limited to weekend charters. (Reuters via ''The Guardian'')
- Irish voters reject the Treaty of Lisbon in a referendum, thus putting into question the reform programme of the European Union. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?