Saturday 21 June 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Gumbo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bella Sara or CarneyVale: Showtime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 June
- Kermit Love: American actor puppeteer and costume designer (d. 2008).
- France and Algeria sign an agreement that could lead to French nuclear power technology being employed in Algerian reactors. (BBC News)
- Militants in Pakistan fire mortars on a NATO base and Afghan army base. (Economic Times in Pakistan)
- An employee for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Somalia is kidnapped. (AP via ''International Herald Tribune'')
- Militants in Delta State, Nigeria, blow up a Chevron oil pipeline leading to a cessation of production by Chevron in Nigeria. (Bloomberg)
- 2008 Pacific typhoon season: Typhoon Fengshen in the Philippines
- At least four people die with the balance missing when the ferry MV Princess of the Stars, carrying 700 passengers, sinks near Sibuyan island in the wake of Typhoon Fengshen. (Reuters)
- South Korea renegotiates its beef import deal with the United States following widespread protests at the original deal due to concerns over mad cow disease. (Bloomberg)
- Four ISAF soldiers are killed by a bomb in Afghanistan. (AP via MSNBC)
- Sudan Airways is grounded for a month by the Civil Aviation Authority of Sudan for violations prior to their most recent crash. (Reuters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 June 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?