Thursday 18 May 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 18, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Macy and Mike Modak.
The Dungeon, directed by Oscar Micheaux, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 May 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1922!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1922 ?
- Bill Macy: American actor.
- GMcC Kitson: British principal (Central School of Speech / Drama).
- Mike Modak: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds for one season in 1945.
- Gerda Boyesen: Norwegian-English psychologist and academic (d. 2005).
- Kai Winding: Danish-born jazz trombonist and composer (d. 1983).
- Charles Louis Alphonse Laveran: French physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1845).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber agrees to 48 hour work week (was 45 hrs)
- Sergei Diaghilev, James Joyce, Pablo Picasso, Marcel Proust and Igor Stravinsky dine together in Paris, at the Majestic hotel, their only joint meeting.