Thursday 18 May 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include GMcC Kitson and Bill Macy.
Grandma's Boy, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1922!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1922 ?
- GMcC Kitson: British principal (Central School of Speech / Drama).
- Bill Macy: American actor.
- Mike Modak: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds for one season in 1945.
- Gerda Boyesen: Norwegian-English psychologist and academic (d. 2005).
- Kai Winding: Danish-born jazz trombonist and composer (d. 1983).
- Charles Louis Alphonse Laveran: French physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1845).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber agrees to 48 hour work week (was 45 hrs)
- Sergei Diaghilev, James Joyce, Pablo Picasso, Marcel Proust and Igor Stravinsky dine together in Paris, at the Majestic hotel, their only joint meeting.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Skeik (of Araby) - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Indiana Lullaby - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Three O'Clock in the Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Virginia Blues - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?