Saturday 6 May 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Ross and John Ernest.
Missing Husbands, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1922 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Alan Ross: Editor (London Magazine).
- John Ernest: constructionist artist.
- Carlos J Moorhead (Representative-Republican-California: 1973-).
- Pat Harder Milwaukee Wisconsin: NFL fullback (Saint Louis Cardinals, Lions).
- Marcel Ravidat: French newsmaker, who as an 18-year-old apprentice garage mechanic discovered the entrance to Lascaux Cave on 12 September 1940.
- Vladimir Etush: Russian actor
- Camille Laurin: Canadian psychiatrist and politician 7th Deputy Premier of Quebec (d. 1999)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Angel Child
- Selections from Blossom Time - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?