Sunday 14 May 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Agha Hasan and Richard Deacon.
Grandma's Boy, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1922!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1922 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Agha Hasan: Abedi banker.
- Richard Deacon: American supporting actor.
- Franjo Tudman: Croatian politician, leader of the secessionist republic which declared its independence from Yugoslavia on 6/25/1991.
- Marcel Buffet: .
- Franjo Tuđman: Yugoslav historian; later 1st President of Croatia (d. 1999).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Skeik (of Araby) - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Indiana Lullaby - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Three O'Clock in the Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Virginia Blues - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?