Sunday May 14, 1922
US date format: 5/14/1922, UK date format: 14/5/1922
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 14, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Franjo Tudjman and Richard Deacon.
Grandma's Boy, directed by Fred C. Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 14, 1922?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 14, 1922?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Billy Jones & Ernest Hare - Indiana Lullaby
- Benson Orchestra of Chicago - Virginia Blues
- Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra - Three O'Clock in the Morning
- Ray Miller & His Orchestra - The Skeik (of Araby)