Sunday 18 June 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Renee Olstead and Taipei City Taiwan (China).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Loving You (Forever) by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Andy Warhol Diaries by Pat Hackett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Axel's Magic Hammer or Friday the 13th.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1989 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Renee Olstead: TV Actress.
- Taipei City Taiwan (China)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: African football player, son of the international Gabonese player Pierre-François Aubameyang.
- Anna Fenninger
- Chris Harris: Football Player.
- Mallory Jansen: Australian actress and model.
- I F Stone: American journalist (Born 1907).
- Starmites closes at Criter Ctr SR Theater NYC after 60 performances
- 89th US Golf Open: Curtis Strange shoots a 278 at Oak Hill Country Club - New York
- John Wayne Bobitt marries Lorena L Gallo
- Laura Davies wins LPGA Lady Keystone Golf Open
- Comet Churyunov-Gerasimenko at perihelion.
- In the first Greek legislative election of the year, the Panhellenic Socialist Movement, led by Prime Minister of Greece Andreas Papandreou, loses control of the Hellenic Parliament, leading to Papandreou's resignation the next day.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Waterfront - Cry
Top #10 R&B songs
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- Peabo Bryson - Show & Tell
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
- Anita Baker - Lead Me Into Love
- Kiara - Every Little Time
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?