Friday 12 May 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barend Busnac and Armin Jansen.
Missing Husbands, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1922!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1922 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Barend Busnac: Office clerk / resistance fighter.
- Armin Jansen: German musician, a pianist and composer.
- Marco Denevi: Argentinian lawyer and author (d. 1998).
- Murray Gershenz: American actor and businessman (d. 2013).
- Bob Goldham: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster (d. 1991).
- Roy Salvadori: English race car driver and manager (d. 2012)
- A 20-ton meteorite lands near Blackstone, Virginia, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Angel Child
- Selections from Blossom Time - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?