Saturday 27 May 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney AK Keyes and Christopher Lee.
Grandma's Boy, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1922!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1922 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Sidney AK Keyes: English poet (Iron Laurel).
- Christopher Lee: American actor who gained an avid following after his films "Curse of Frankenstein," 1957 and "Dracula" a year later.
- Claude Tarnaud: France Writer.
- Otto Carius: German lieutenant and pharmacist (d. 2015).
- John Vanderhoof: American banker and politician 37th Governor of Colorado (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Georgia - Peerless Quartet
- Play That Song of India Again - Charles Harrison
- Virginia Blues - Van & Schenck
- Angel Child - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?