Saturday 18 September 1954US date format: 9/18/1954, UK date format: 18/9/1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 18, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Johnson and Takao Doi.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Bounty Hunter, directed by André De Toth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Mind Alive by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching People Are Funny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1954 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Dennis Johnson: American pro basketball player and coach...
- Murtaza Bhutto: Pakistani politician (d. 1996).
- Takao Doi: Tokyo, Japan -- Astronaut (STS 87).
- Steven Pinker: Canadian-American psychologist linguist...
- Tommy Tuberville: American football player and coach.
- KTUL TV channel 8 in Tulsa, OK (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Cleveland Indians clinch American League pennant, beat Detroit Tigers (3-2).
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Smile - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?