Saturday 18 September 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Johnson and Murtaza Bhutto.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Sabrina, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Healing Oath by Andre Soubiran was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio 57.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1954 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Dennis Johnson: American pro basketball player and coach known as D.J.
- Murtaza Bhutto: Pakistani politician (d. 1996).
- Takao Doi: Tokyo, Japan -- Astronaut (STS 87).
- Steven Pinker: Canadian-American psychologist linguist and author.
- Tommy Tuberville: American football player and coach.
- KTUL TV channel 8 in Tulsa, OK (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Cleveland Indians clinch American League pennant, beat Detroit Tigers (3-2).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Smile - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?