Thursday 19 April 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Gagosian and Nuria Ortiz.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1945 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Larry Gagosian
- Nuria Ortiz: Mexico -- Skeet shooter (1968 Olympics - 13th Place).
- Marcus Blackmore: Australian naturopath and businessman, the chairman of Blackmores, the largest nutraceutical/vitamin company in the southern hemisphere.
- J P Heyboer: resistance fighter, is executed.
- Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel opens on Broadway
- US aircraft carrier Franklin is heavily damaged in Japanese air raid.
- US offensive against Shuri-barrier on Okinawa
- 49th Boston Marathon won by John A Kelley of Massachusetts in 2:30:40.2.
- Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Guatemala are established.
- Heinrich Himmler, through Count Bernadotte, puts forth an offer of German surrender to the Western Allies, but not the Soviet Union.
- Adolf Hitler concedes defeat in his underground Berlin bunker after learning Felix Steiner could not mobilize enough men to launch a counterattack on the Soviets who had just broken through Germany.