Monday 19 April 1943US date format: 4/19/1943, UK date format: 19/4/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eve Graham and Marc Bernier.
A Stranger in Town, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1943 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Eve Graham: Scottish member of the band "New Seekers," who enjoyed commercial success throughout the U.S.
- Marc Bernier
- Claus Theo Gärtner
- Kwen Parsons: American son of noted occultists, being the offspring of lovers Wilfred Talbot Smith and Helen Parsons, wife of Jack Parsons who was recorded as the father of the child on the birth certificate.
- Mike Kelly: rocker (Duprees).
- Lorenzo Sanz: Spanish businessman.
- Bernard Blais: French magistrate, the Attorney General of Agen.
- Margo MacDonald: Trained as a physical education teacher, she was a Scottish politician and former Scottish National Party (SNP) Member of Parliament (MP) and Deputy Leader.
- Jews attack Nazi occupation forces at Warsaw Ghetto
- World War II: In Poland, German troops enter the Warsaw ghetto to round up the remaining Jews, beginning the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
- Bicycle Day : Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann deliberately takes LSD for the first time.