Thursday 19 August 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucila Engels-Boskaljon and Paul Kont.
Der Januskopf, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Lucila Engels-Boskaljon: Curacao painter.
- Paul Kont: Composer.
- George Patterson: Also known as Patterson of Tibet, he was a former Scottish engineer and missionary who served as medical officer and diplomatic representative of the Tibetan resistance movement during the Chinese invasion of Tibet.
- August 25 ampndash Second Silesian Uprising: The Poles in Upper Silesia rise up against the Germans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Billy Murray & Rachel Grant (Gladys Rice)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?