Wednesday 19 August 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Isabel M Hickey and Claude Dauphin.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1903 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Isabel M Hickey
- Claude Dauphin: French screen/stage/tv actor.
- James Cozzens: American author of some 16 books and many short stories which include "S.
- James Gould Cozzens: United States -- Novelist (1949 Pulitzer-Guard of Honor).
- Lewis Sargent: American actor (d. 1970).
- Muriel Kirkland: Yonkers, New York -- Actress (Fast Workers, Hold Your Man).
- Isabel Hickey: American astrologer and writer who practiced Humanist Astrology with a psychological approach.
- Phillies suffer record 9th straight posponed game