Wednesday 19 August 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Isabel M Hickey and Claude Dauphin.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1903 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Isabel M Hickey
- Claude Dauphin: French screen/stage/tv actor.
- James Cozzens: American author of some 16 books and many short stories which include "S.
- James Gould Cozzens: United States -- Novelist (1949 Pulitzer-Guard of Honor).
- Lewis Sargent: American actor (d. 1970).
- Muriel Kirkland: Yonkers, New York -- Actress (Fast Workers, Hold Your Man).
- Isabel Hickey: American astrologer and writer who practiced Humanist Astrology with a psychological approach.
- Phillies suffer record 9th straight posponed game