Sunday 19 August 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joshua Tan and Stephen Parker.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
The Witches, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Let the Blood Run Free.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aretha or PGA Tour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1990 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Joshua Tan: Movie Actor.
- Stephen Parker: YouTube Star.
- Danny Galbraith: Scottish footballer.
- Kristel Viigipuu: Estonian biathlete.
- Betsy King wins LPGA JAL Big Apple Golf Classic
- Dodger Jose Offerman hits HR in his 1st at bat
- Leonard Bernstein conducts his final concert, ending with Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
- New York Yankees' player Kevin Mass is quickest to reach 14 home runs (approx 128 at bat).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?