Sunday August 19, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joshua Tan and Stephen Parker.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
After Dark, My Sweet, directed by James Foley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Killing Mister Watson by Peter Matthiessen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Rabby or Combo Racer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1990 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Joshua Tan: Movie Actor.
- Stephen Parker: YouTube Star.
- Danny Galbraith: Scottish footballer.
- Kristel Viigipuu: Estonian biathlete.
- Betsy King wins LPGA JAL Big Apple Golf Classic
- Dodger Jose Offerman hits HR in his 1st at bat
- Leonard Bernstein conducts his final concert, ending with Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
- New York Yankees' player Kevin Mass is quickest to reach 14 home runs (approx 128 at bat).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love
- The Time - Jerk Out
- Anita Baker - Talk To Me
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Babyface - My Kinda Girl
- Janet Jackson - Come Back To Me
- Tony Toni Tone - Feels Good
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Terry Steele - If I Told You Once
- The West Coast Rap All-Stars - We're All In The Same Gang
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Me Tienes Que Querer - Yuri
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?