Monday 21 March 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 21, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Virginia Weidler and Halton Arp.
Jingle Bells, directed by 3D Magic Factory, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1927!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1927 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Virginia Weidler: American child star who first played in the film "Surrender" at the age of four and was in a stage play by the time she was six.
- Halton Arp: American-German astronomer and critic (d. 2013).
- Hans-Dietrich Genscher: German soldier and politician Vice-Chancellor of Germany.
- Guomindang Army conquerors Shanghai as British marines flee.