Monday 19 January 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 19, 2009). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Coraline, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while A Mercy by Toni Morrison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow or Brave: Shaman's Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 January 2009 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 January
- The Palestinian National Authority's Central Bureau of Statistics reports that 1,300 Palestinians were killed 5,400 were injured and US$1.9 billion in damage was caused during the 22-day conflict with Israel in the Gaza Strip. (CNN)
- Russian financial crisis of 2008–2009:
- Russia devalues the ruble for the sixth time in 2009 and will overhaul the state budget to reflect the sharp decrease in the price of petroleum, its key export. (Reuters)
- Global financial crisis of 2008–2009:
- European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet says that global economic growth in 2009 will be ampquotsubstantially belowampquot December 2008 forecasts. (Bloomberg)
- Her Majesty's Government confirms a £300-billion bailout package for the United Kingdom's banking industry. (Sky News)
- Australian author Harry Nicolaides is jailed for three years in Thailand for insulting the ruling Chakri Dynasty. (BBC)
- The 2009 Australian Open tennis competition begins in Melbourne. (ABC)
- Barbados issues its first offshore hydrocarbon-exploration licenses to BHP Billiton. (Caribbean News Net)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 January 2009
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Yeovil - Leicester : 0 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Liverpool - Everton : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Frosinone - Grosseto : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
- Trading Places - Usher
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The cost pressures prevailing in the newspaper business have led to rapid turnover at the top. [..]
- 1 CHF = 6.033 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.4537 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9042 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.5687 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?