Monday 19 January 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Moon, directed by Duncan Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while A Mercy by Toni Morrison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Touch 2: Volcano Party or The Clique: Diss and Make-Up Queen Teen: The Clique.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 January 2009 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 January
- The Palestinian National Authority's Central Bureau of Statistics reports that 1,300 Palestinians were killed 5,400 were injured and US$1.9 billion in damage was caused during the 22-day conflict with Israel in the Gaza Strip. (CNN)
- Russian financial crisis of 2008–2009:
- Russia devalues the ruble for the sixth time in 2009 and will overhaul the state budget to reflect the sharp decrease in the price of petroleum, its key export. (Reuters)
- Global financial crisis of 2008–2009:
- European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet says that global economic growth in 2009 will be ampquotsubstantially belowampquot December 2008 forecasts. (Bloomberg)
- Her Majesty's Government confirms a £300-billion bailout package for the United Kingdom's banking industry. (Sky News)
- Australian author Harry Nicolaides is jailed for three years in Thailand for insulting the ruling Chakri Dynasty. (BBC)
- The 2009 Australian Open tennis competition begins in Melbourne. (ABC)
- Barbados issues its first offshore hydrocarbon-exploration licenses to BHP Billiton. (Caribbean News Net)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 January 2009
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Yeovil - Leicester : 0 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Liverpool - Everton : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Frosinone - Grosseto : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?