Wednesday 19 January 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Rodriguez and Tony Mansfield.
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Eddie Cantor Comedy Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1955 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Paul Rodriguez: Mexican/American actor and comedian.
- Tony Mansfield: English singer-songwriter and producer (New Musik).
- Simon Rattle: England, United Kingdom -- Orchestra conductor (Birmingham Symph Orch).
- Millionaire TV program premieres on CBS
- Scrabble debuts on board game market
- 1st presidential news conference filmed for TV (Eisenhower)
- First Presidential news conference filmed for TV (Dwight Eisenhower).
- The game Scrabble debuts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?