Sunday 23 January 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reginald Calloway .
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Prayers Of Peter Marshall by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 January 1955 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Reginald Calloway: trumpet player (Midnight Star - "No Parking").
- KORK (now KVBC) TV channel 3 in Las Vegas, NV (NBC) 1st broadcast
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA Tampa Golf Open.
- Sutton Coldfield rail crash kills 17 near Birmingham, England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?