Thursday 6 January 1955, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rowan Atkinson and Ajayi Agbebaku.
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Lease of Life, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Good Morning, Miss Dove by Frances Gray Patton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wayne & Shuster Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1955 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Rowan Atkinson: English comedian and actor.
- Richard Corbett: British politician.
- Ajayi Agbebaku: Nigerian triple jumper.
- Alex Forsyth: American ice hockey player.
- Susan Horwitz: American computer scientist and academic (d. 2014).
- Graham Murray: Australian rugby league player and coach (d. 2013).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?