Saturday 8 January 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Kingston and Spiros Livathinos.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Hill Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1955 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Joan Kingston: Canadian nurse educator and politician.
- Spiros Livathinos: Greek footballer and coach.
- Mike Reno: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Rock vocalist (Loverboy).
- WUNC TV channel 4 in Chapel Hill, NC (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Furman sets NCAA basketball single-game scoring record with 154 points.
- Louise Sugg wins LPGA Los Angeles Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa
- Frankie Laine - Blowing Wild
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Party
- David Whitfield - Rags To Riches
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Mantovani - Swedish Rhapsody
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?