Friday 21 January 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Fleming and Robby Benson in Dallas.
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Eddie Cantor Comedy Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1955 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Peter Fleming: New Jersey, United States -- Tennis player (US Open Doubles 1979, 81, 83).
- Robby Benson in Dallas: Texas, USA; actor (One on One, Running Brave, The Chosen, Ice Castles, Beauty and the Beast).
- Charles Clerc-Renaud: French magistrate, President of the High Court of Lisieux, France.
- Leslie Hoffman: American actress and stuntwoman.
- Jeff Koons: American painter and sculptor.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 January 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?