Saturday 19 January 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Playfair and Tarik Oulida.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Show And Tell by Al Wilson.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Centennial by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Divlje godine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1974 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Gregory Playfair: Suriname -- Dutch soccer player (PSV).
- Tarik Oulida: Soccer player (Ajax / Seville).
- Walter Jones: tackle (Seattle Seahawks).
- Amaury Telemaco in Higuey: Dominican Republic; pitcher (Chicago Cubs).
- Ian Laperriere: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Dainius Adomaitis: Lithuanian basketball player and coach
- Frank Caliendo: American comedian actor and screenwriter
- Ian Laperrière: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Jaime Moreno: Bolivian footballer and manager
- Notre Dame beats UCLA, ends NCAA-record 88-game basketball win streak.
- Belgium government of Leburton falls.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?