Friday 18 January 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shane Burton and Princess Claire.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Show And Tell by Al Wilson.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Divlje godine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1974 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Shane Burton: defensive tackle (Miami Dolphins).
- Princess Claire: of Belgium.
- Claire Coombs: British-born who became a Princess in the Belgian royal family on April 1, 2003.
- Morena Gallizio: Italian skier.
- Christian Burns: English singer-songwriter (BBMak).
- Claire: Princess Claire of Belgium
- Devon Odessa: Actor (Sharon-My So Called Life, Girl of Limberlost)
- Maulik Pancholy: American actor and singer
- Michael Tunn: Australian television presenter and radio announcer
- $6 Million Man starring Lee Majors premieres on ABC TV
- Israel and Egypt sign weapons accord.
- A Disengagement of Forces agreement is signed between the Israeli and Egyptian governments, ending conflict on the Egyptian front of the Yom Kippur War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?