Friday January 25, 1974US date format: 1/25/1974, UK date format: 25/1/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Haines and Adam Meadows.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're Sixteen by Ringo Starr.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Joy Of Sex by Alex Comfort was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kli-Kla-Klawitter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1974 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Emily Haines: Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Metric and Broken Social Scene).
- Adam Meadows: offensive tackle (Indianapolis Colts).
- Daniel Sproule: Australian field hockey halfback (Olympics-1996).
- Jonathan Bryan Colling in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (4 Fun-Unbelievable Fun Boys).
- Robert Budreau: Canadian director producer and screenwriter.
- Attilio Nicodemo: Italian footballer.
- Christian Barnard transplants 1st human heart without removal of old
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
Top #10 R&B songs
- Al Green - Livin' For You
- The Temptations - Let Your Hair Down
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
- What It Comes Down To - The Isley Brothers
- Lamont Dozier - Trying To Hold On To My Woman
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- The Dells - I Miss You
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- The Moments - Sexy Mama
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?