Monday 14 January 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Dritlein and Nancy Napolski in Hinsdale.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Show And Tell by Al Wilson.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Centennial by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Divlje godine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1974 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Michael Dritlein: WLAF wide receiver (Rhein Fire).
- Nancy Napolski in Hinsdale: Idaho, USA; air rifle (Olympics-1996).
- Kevin Jefferson: NFL linebacker (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Hugues Legault in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; 50m swimmer (Olympics-1996).
- Fabiana Luperini: Italian female star of cycling, winning the Tour de France for women in August 1995.
- Josef Smrkovsky: Czechoslovakia parliament chairman, dies at age 62.
- World Football League founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?