Tuesday January 15, 1974
US date format: 1/15/1974, UK date format: 15/1/1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 15, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Aubrey Jo Hiller in Missoula and Mike Minter.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Show And Tell by Al Wilson.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Black Belt Jones, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Salamander by Morris L. West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kli-Kla-Klawitter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 15, 1974?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- See more
- Happy Days begins an 11 year run on ABC
- Expert panel reports 18.5 minute gap in Watergate tape, five separate erasures.
- 24th NBA All-Star Game: West beats East 134-123 at Seattle, Washington.
- Dennis Rader aka the BTK Killer kills his first victims by binding, torturing and murdering Joseph, Joseph II, Josephine and Julie Otero in their house.
- Karel Salmon: Composer, dies at 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 15, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Al Green - Livin' For You
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- The Temptations - Let Your Hair Down
- James Brown - Stoned To The Bone - Part 1
- The Isley Brothers - What It Comes Down To
- Bobby "Blue" Bland - This Time I'm Gone For Good
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
- The Dells - I Miss You
- Lamont Dozier - Trying To Hold On To My Woman
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 15If January 15, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 8 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 19 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 15, 1974?
On January 15, 1974 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is January 15, 1974?
On January 15, 1974 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on January 15, 1974?
On January 15, 1974 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 15, 1974?
On January 15, 1974 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on January 15, 1974?
On January 15, 1974 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 15, 1974?
On January 15, 1974 several famous people were born including, Mike Minter, Aubrey Jo Hiller in Missoula, Tim Shaw.
Which famous people died on January 15, 1974?
Famous people died on January 15, 1974 include, Karel Salmon.
What was the number one song in January 15, 1974?
The number one song in the week of January 15, 1974 was Show And Tell by Al Wilson in US and You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers in UK.
What were the top hits on January 15, 1974?
The top hits on January 15, 1974 were Show And Tell by Al Wilson, The Joker by Steve Miller Band, Smokin' In The Boy's Room by Brownsville Station in US and You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers, Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade, The Show Must Go On by Leo Sayer in UK.