Tuesday January 29, 1974
US date format: 1/29/1974, UK date format: 29/1/1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 29, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Mitchell and Pat Walsh.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Thieves Like Us, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while In One Era And Out The Other by Sam Levenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kli-Kla-Klawitter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 29, 1974?
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 29, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Temptations - Let Your Hair Down
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
- Al Green - Livin' For You
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Lamont Dozier - Trying To Hold On To My Woman
- The Isley Brothers - What It Comes Down To
- The Moments - Sexy Mama
- Isaac Hayes - "Joy" Pt. I
- Natural Four - Can This Be Real
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 29If January 29, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 7 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 8 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?