Sunday 20 September 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Pandorum, directed by Christian Alvart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while A Gate At The Stairs by Lorrie Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MyDestination.TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bit.Trip Beat or C.O.R.E..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 September
- ''Precious'' wins the People's Choice Award at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. (CNN)
- 61st Primetime Emmy Awards
- Toni Collette wins the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for playing Tara Gregson on ''United States of Tara''. (AP via Google News)
- Trafigura oil trading firm agrees to pay more than $46 million compensation to more than 30,000 people in Côte d'Ivoire who say they were made ill by dumped waste in 2006. (''The Times'')
- More than 140 Shiite Houthi rebels are killed in northern Yemen after they attempt to take over the government palace in the city of Sa'dah. (Press TV)
- In Havana's Plaza de la Revolución, Juanes, Silvio Rodríguez and Miguel Bosé headline Cuba's largest open-air concert since the 1959 Revolution. (Associated Press)
- Colombian President Álvaro Uribe eases the terms for the release of 24 police and soldiers being held by Marxist FARC rebels. (BBC)
- Democratic Republic of Congo transfers Grégoire Ndahimana to the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) to stand trial for the massacre of at least 2,000 Rwandan Tutsis during the 1994 genocide. (Reuters)
- The Government of Ireland approves the introduction of a national postal code. (RTÉ)
- Tribesmen attack a village in south Sudan, overwhelming soldiers guarding the settlement and killing an unknown number. (IOL)
- Somalia's al-Shabaab insurgents warn schools not to use textbooks provided by United Nations agencies and other donors they accuse of being un-Islamic. (''The Washington Post'')
- The bust of a Sumerian king is among eight stolen antiques recovered in an undercover operation by Iraqi police. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 September 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Atalanta : 4 - 1
- Cagliari - Inter : 1 - 2
- Catania - Lazio : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Genoa : 3 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Gent : 1 - 1
- Westerlo - Club Brugge : 1 - 4
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Hamburg : 1 - 1
- Hertha - Freiburg : 0 - 4
- Leverkusen - Werder Bremen : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
- Augsburg - Hansa Rostock : 5 - 2
- St Pauli - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?