What Happened on September 20, 2009US date format: 9/20/2009, UK date format: 20/9/2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 20, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Alabama Moon, directed by Tim McCanlies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Last Lion by Peter S. Canellos was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Christmas Clix or Bumps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 September 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 September
- ''Precious'' wins the People's Choice Award at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. (CNN)
- 61st Primetime Emmy Awards
- Toni Collette wins the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for playing Tara Gregson on ''United States of Tara''. (AP via Google News)
- Trafigura oil trading firm agrees to pay more than $46 million compensation to more than 30,000 people in Côte d'Ivoire who say they were made ill by dumped waste in 2006. (''The Times'')
- More than 140 Shiite Houthi rebels are killed in northern Yemen after they attempt to take over the government palace in the city of Sa'dah. (Press TV)
- In Havana's Plaza de la Revolución, Juanes, Silvio Rodríguez and Miguel Bosé headline Cuba's largest open-air concert since the 1959 Revolution. (Associated Press)
- Colombian President Álvaro Uribe eases the terms for the release of 24 police and soldiers being held by Marxist FARC rebels. (BBC)
- Democratic Republic of Congo transfers Grégoire Ndahimana to the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) to stand trial for the massacre of at least 2,000 Rwandan Tutsis during the 1994 genocide. (Reuters)
- The Government of Ireland approves the introduction of a national postal code. (RTÉ)
- Tribesmen attack a village in south Sudan, overwhelming soldiers guarding the settlement and killing an unknown number. (IOL)
- Somalia's al-Shabaab insurgents warn schools not to use textbooks provided by United Nations agencies and other donors they accuse of being un-Islamic. (''The Washington Post'')
- The bust of a Sumerian king is among eight stolen antiques recovered in an undercover operation by Iraqi police. (BBC)
Sport Games on 20 September 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Atalanta : 4 - 1
- Cagliari - Inter : 1 - 2
- Catania - Lazio : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Genoa : 3 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Gent : 1 - 1
- Westerlo - Club Brugge : 1 - 4
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Hamburg : 1 - 1
- Hertha - Freiburg : 0 - 4
- Leverkusen - Werder Bremen : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
- Augsburg - Hansa Rostock : 5 - 2
- St Pauli - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Under - Pleasure P
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The head of the Senate Banking Committee will propose the merger of four bank agencies into one super-regulator. [..]
Electronic devices are the fastest-growing source of power demand in the world, but there is resistance to efficiency. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?