Saturday 20 July 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vehbi Koc and Pierra Henriet.
Arrival of Train at Station, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1901!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1901 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Vehbi Koc: Indistrialist / philanthropist.
- Pierra Henriet: Senlis physician.
- Vehbi Koç: Turkish businessman and philanthropist founded Koç Holding (d. 1996).
- Heinie Manush: American baseball player and manager (d. 1971).
- William Cosmo Monkhouse: English poet and critic (Born 1840).