Sunday 20 July 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Hillary and Ross T Dwyer.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1919!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1919 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Edmund Hillary: New Zealand native who was both an adventurer and author.
- Ross T Dwyer
- Sir Edmund Hillary: New Zealand mountaineer and explorer (d. 2008).
- Ross Dwyer: American military, United States Marine Corps major general who retired in 1974 after over 32 years of service.