Friday 20 July 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Seligmann and Giuseppe Ermini.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1900 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Kurt Seligmann
- Gottfried von Haberler: Austrian economist.
- Giuseppe Ermini: Italian lawyer, politician, minister, christian democrat.
- Maurice Gilliams: Belgian writer, poet, essayist, novelist, librarian, wrote autobiography.
- Maurice Leyland: English cricketer and coach (d. 1967).