Friday 20 July 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gottfried von Haberler and Giuseppe Ermini.
A Strike in a Dime Museum, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1900 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Gottfried von Haberler: Austrian economist.
- Giuseppe Ermini: Italian lawyer, politician, minister, christian democrat.
- Maurice Gilliams: Belgian writer, poet, essayist, novelist, librarian, wrote autobiography.
- Maurice Leyland: English cricketer and coach (d. 1967).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Tiger Lily - Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?