Sunday 20 July 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannelore Hoger and Don Chuy.
Charley's Aunt, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1941 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Hannelore Hoger
- Vladimir Afanasiyevich Lyakhov: Cosmonaut (Soyuz 32 / 34, T-9, TM-6).
- Don Chuy: American football player (d. 2014).
- Periklis Korovesis: Greek author and journalist.
- Kurt Raab: German actor screenwriter and production designer (d. 1988).
- Lew Fields: American actor producer and manager (d. 1941).
- Yanks beat Tigers 12-6 in 17
- Soviet leader Joseph Stalin consolidates the Commissariats of Home Affairs and National Security to form the NKVD and names Lavrenti Beria its chief.