Sunday 20 July 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannelore Hoger and Vladimir Afanasiyevich Lyakhov.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 July 1941 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Hannelore Hoger
- Vladimir Afanasiyevich Lyakhov: Cosmonaut (Soyuz 32 / 34, T-9, TM-6).
- Don Chuy: American football player (d. 2014).
- Periklis Korovesis: Greek author and journalist.
- Kurt Raab: German actor screenwriter and production designer (d. 1988).
- Lew Fields: American actor producer and manager (d. 1941).
- Yanks beat Tigers 12-6 in 17
- Soviet leader Joseph Stalin consolidates the Commissariats of Home Affairs and National Security to form the NKVD and names Lavrenti Beria its chief.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?