Wednesday 20 July 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Desmond Douglas and René-Daniel Dubois.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Hunter, directed by Charles Laughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1955 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Desmond Douglas: Jamaican-English table tennis player.
- René-Daniel Dubois: Canadian actor and playwright.
- Jem Finer: English banjo player and songwriter (The Pogues).
- Calouste Gulbenkian: Turkish-Armenian businessman and philanthropist (d. 1955).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?