Friday 20 September 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 20, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alannah Currie and Carl Lang.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridge on the River Kwai, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Dog Who Wouldn'T Be by Farley Mowat was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1957 ?
- Alannah Currie: New Zealand-British musician, a keyboard player and singer, one of a trio who call themselves the "Thompson Twins.
- Carl Lang
- Michael Hurst: New Zealand actor and director.
- Arn Anderson [Marty Lunde]: Wrestler (ECW / SMW / WCW / NWA / WWF).
- Rich DiSilvio: American new media developer & artist.
- Vladmir Tkachenko: USSR -- Basketball (1980 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Fran Drescher: in New York City; actress (Cadillac Man).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?