Thursday 21 January 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Hewitt and André Lichnerowicz.
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1915 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Alan Hewitt: NYC, New York -- Actor (Det Brennan-My Favorite Martian).
- André Lichnerowicz: French differential geometer and mathematical physicist of Polish descent, who was one of the first researchers recruited by the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS).
- William Sefton: American athlete, who made his reputation in track and field events at the University of Southern California in the 1930s.
- Orazio Mariani: Italian sprinter (d. 1981).
- Bill Sefton: American pole vaulter (d. 1982).
- Kiwanis International is founded in Detroit, Michigan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go Back to Michigan (Down On the Farm) - Morton Harvey
- If That's Your Idea of a Wonderful Time (Take Me Home) - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?