Thursday 21 January 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Lichnerowicz and Alan Hewitt.
Young Romance, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1915 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Alan Hewitt: NYC, New York -- Actor (Det Brennan-My Favorite Martian).
- André Lichnerowicz: French differential geometer and mathematical physicist of Polish descent, who was one of the first researchers recruited by the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS).
- William Sefton: American athlete, who made his reputation in track and field events at the University of Southern California in the 1930s.
- Orazio Mariani: Italian sprinter (d. 1981).
- Bill Sefton: American pole vaulter (d. 1982).
- Kiwanis International is founded in Detroit, Michigan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - George Wilton Ballard
- Roll Them Cotton Bales - Heidelberg Quintet